Personal Addiction Counseling for Patients in Medford, NJ
If you’re struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, you can get the help you need at Peaceful Practices. We’re pleased to offer personal addiction counseling services for patients in Medford, New Jersey, and the surrounding area. We believe that there are many paths to successful recovery, and we’ll develop a treatment plan that’s customized to your specific needs.
What Are the Signs of Addiction?
In many cases, substance abuse starts when someone experiments with drugs or alcohol in a social situation. They may be curious about how it feels or want to relieve stress, fit in with their peers, or impress their friends. In other instances, patients who were originally prescribed medication for legitimate purposes—for example, opiates to treat pain—end up becoming dependent on those substances.
So, how do you know when substance use progresses to an addiction? Some of the most common signs of drug and alcohol addiction include:
- Experiencing intense urges to use the substance
- Building up a tolerance (having to use larger amounts of the substance to produce the same effects)
- Feeling out of control and unable to stop using the substance
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using the substance (e.g., cravings, achiness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, sweating, shaking, restlessness, insomnia, fatigue, anxiety, depression, and irritability)
- Spending a considerable amount of time and effort on maintaining a supply of the substance
- Arguing with family members, friends, and colleagues
- Neglecting responsibilities at work, at school, and within the home
- Abandoning once-loved activities
- Getting into trouble (e.g., driving while intoxicated or stealing to pay for drugs)
Take the Next Step With Addiction Treatment
If you think you could benefit from personal addiction counseling, don’t delay seeking treatment. Contact Peaceful Practices today and request a free consultation with one of the addiction specialists at our Medford, NJ, office. You can choose whether to meet in person or remotely through our telehealth service. We offer extended hours for our patients’ convenience, so let us know the date and time that works best for you.