Anger Management Counseling & Therapy in Medford, NJ
If you need help managing your anger, turn to the experienced team at Peaceful Practices. Based in Medford, New Jersey, we provide a wide range of counseling and therapy services to residents of the surrounding area. When you partner with us for anger management treatment, we’ll help you identify your anger triggers, change how you view certain situations, and learn healthy ways to cope with your frustration. Our team is skilled in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), conflict resolution, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, mindfulness, and various other techniques that may help you better manage your emotions.
Do You Need Help With Anger Management?
It’s normal to feel angry from time to time. In fact, anger can often be healthy—it can help calm our nerves, motivate us to solve a problem, and provide us with a sense of control over a situation. And on a primal level, it can push us to fight back and protect ourselves when we feel threatened.
However, when we experience anger too intensely or too frequently, it can become an issue. Here are a few signs that you may need to work on your anger management skills:
- You act aggressively when you’re angry, whether verbally (e.g., screaming) or physically (e.g., punching walls).
- You feel out of control during angry outbursts.
- You consistently try to blame others for problems you’re experiencing.
- You tend to feel angry more often than those around you.
- You react angrily to relatively small problems.
- You often become angry after consuming alcohol.
- Your anger tends to last an unreasonably long amount of time.
- You experience physical symptoms when you’re angry (e.g., headaches, heart palpitations, and muscle tension).
Schedule an Appointment
Are you ready to start gaining better control over your anger? Contact Peaceful Practices today and request a free consultation with a counselor or therapist who specializes in anger management. Our Medford, NJ, office offers extended hours for our patients’ convenience, but if you’d prefer to speak to someone remotely, you can also take advantage of our telehealth service.